*Sigh* Spring is slowly but surely coming, and I am so excited for gorgeous spring colors and warmer sunshine! Here in Colorado Springs it is absolutely not unusual to have a few late spring snows, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start pulling out those lighter outfits and softer colors! Maybe just remember to keep a jacket in the car just in case! 😉
I have 5 tips for you for how to start styling your spring senior shoot, and I’d love to know if you have ideas, too! Feel free to leave a comment below with how you’d style your senior spring session!
- Ditch it!! Ok, maybe not completely, but you can most definitely start to freshen up your heavy winter wardrobe with cooler spring tops, dresses, skirts, and shorts! Just keep in mind, you may want to keep a warm coat and gloves close by especially if your session is in our nearby mountains! Truthfully though, I’m sure you skin is craving a little warmth from the sun so feel free to start pulling out (or shopping for!) those cute spring outfits again. If you are worried you may get cold easily, just bundle up between shots and maybe do a few jumping jacks just in case! 😉 You can always layer adorable lightweight sweaters, kimonos, and coats over your breezy tops and shorts or crops! I actually adore that look because it adds texture and definition to your outfit!
2. Soften Up: Pastels are definitely the way to go in the spring; so, softening up your look with the season’s hottest color schemes goes along way for your beautiful portraits! If you still LOVE your warmer, deeper colors then simply soften up your overall look with a lighter top or scarf. Dark jeans and soft top look dynamic in the spring! Make sure to check out this springs hottest color tones below and on Pinterest! You can add subtle soft colors to earrings, necklaces, and your nails!
3. Nails: A huge part spring is the clean, bright looks that come along with fresh, breezy days; so, try going for a clean french manicure (and pedi!) or pick a cute color from this season’s color palette for fresh, fun, spring-ready nails! If you do plan to get a mani or freshen up your nails yourself, just make sure to do it the day or night before your session so your nails are fresh and chip-free! If you do plan to pop out your toes in your favorite sandals or wedges, then make sure to freshen up your piggies, too!
- Flats & Hats: Spring lets us start playing with those adorable light weight shoes once the weather starts to warm. If it happens to be a bit rainy for your session, you can always go for a cute pair of Hunter boots to keep your toes nice and dry. But don’t be afraid to start lighting up your footwear, too! You can wear flats, converse, sandals and wedges, and heels at this point in the year! Have a blast pairing different shoes with off the wall spring looks to create a fresh look that screams you! If you’re a summer hat girl then now is a great time to show off your favorite fedora or wide brim hat! You can add so much glam to your outfit with a little creativity with your hats and shoes!
5. Florals: From kimonos to headpieces, flowers just fit with your spring outfits so don’t hold back on that cute floral blouse or flowery headband any longer! Spring is all about new and fresh, so step out of your comfort zone and try a completely new look or piece to really add a pop all your own to your spring session! Even if the flowers haven’t bloomed yet, you can still celebrate spring in style by adding your own beautiful flowery elements!